As part of the Data Protection Act (GDPR) it is now necessary to inform you of the information held about you and your dog, how it is used and stored, and to receive permission for specific information to be stored and used.
In the salon, the following information is stored on a Dog Grooming Record Card:
- Details about your dog (name, age, breed), your name and mobile number and your veterinary practice.
- Details of what we have done to your dog - blades used, where we have scissored, price charged etc
- Any likes or dislikes your dog has e.g sensitive feet, likes cuddles.
- Dogs grooming temperament - good, nervous, easy, difficult, requires 2 groomers, bites, soils etc
- Any lumps, bumps or cuts found.
These cards are kept in hard copy format only, and are locked away each night. The keys for such are taken off the premises by the manager. You can ask to view your card at any time.
Your dogs name and your mobile telephone number are entered into the salon mobile so we are able to communicate with you about appointments, and to advise you when your dog is ready for collection. No other details are held on the mobile phone. The mobile phone is locked with a passcode that only employees will know and be able to access.
We will keep your dogs photograph and use it on our website or social media, and will keep it on file so we can refer back to previous grooms. You may opt out of this at any time.
If you move, you are welcome to take your card with you to give to your new groomer or you can ask me to destroy it. Any non-returning customer cards will be destroyed within 3 years.
We do not pass any information of yours to a third party. All data we hold is only accessible to the business and yourself.
Unit 36, Ballymena Business Centre, Galgorm, Ballymena Co.Antrim BT42 1FL